The Peter Wentz Farmstead was established by Peter and Rosanna Wentz, who began farming here in 1744. By 1758, they had completed the large, Georgian style stone house that reflects both their German heritage and their wealth as a successful farming family. They sold the property in 1784 to Devault Bieber, a distant relative through marriage. In 1794, Bieber sold it to a minister of the Schwenkfelder faith, Reverend Melchior Schultz, and his wife Salome.
Descendants of the Schultz family continued to farm the land and resided in the house until 1969 when the County of Montgomery purchased the property. The County restored the house to its late 18th century appearance reflecting the Farmstead’s history as temporary headquarters of General George Washington during October 1777. The house, reconstructed out-buildings, garden, and livestock represent early Pennsylvania culture and practices of this region.
2030 Shearer Road, Lansdale, PA 19490. East of intersection of Routes 73 and 363.