Online registration closes Thursday, 9/22 at midnight-Same Day registrations will be $50 for all rides
Celebrate the Schuylkill River Trail with bikes, beer and bands! Ride for the River, then enjoy the FREE CAN JAM Music Festival with Sly Fox Brewery. The cycling event serves as a fundraiser for Schuylkill River Greenways, which works with partners to build, improve and promote the Schuylkill River Trail. One of the largest finished trail sections is the Pottstown to Reading stretch, which totals about 20 miles.
Ride for the River begins and ends at Pottstown Riverfront Park. Children ages 12 and under participate for FREE!
RIDERS: Here are the links to everything you need to
RIDE FOR THE RIVER:
CUE SHEET WITH GPS MAPS: CLICK HERE
GPS MAP POTTSTOWN TO BERKS-CLICK HERE
GPS MAP BERKS TO POTTSTOWN-CLICK HERE
Where to Meet: The 2022 Ride for the River begins and ends at Pottstown Riverfront Park (140 College Drive, Pottstown, PA 19464)
When to Meet: Check-in opens at 7:30 a.m. Please plan to check in no later than 8:30 a.m. for the 35-mile ride, no later than 9:00 a.m. for the 15-mile ride, and no later than 9:30 a.m. for the 4-mile Fun Ride. Riders must be lined up and staged by 9 a.m. to leave with the 35-mile ride, by 9:30 a.m. to leave with the 15-mile ride, and by 10 a.m. to leave with the 4-mile ride.
Children aged 12 and under may participate in the 2022 Ride for the River for FREE but must be with an adult participant.
Ride Packets: At check-in you will receive printed cue sheets, a band to place on your bike, your meal & drink tickets, and a T-shirt if you ordered one. You will be asked to write your name and phone number on raffle tickets if you ordered any so that we may contact you if you win. You will be emailed digital copies of cue sheets and maps closer to the date of the event.
What You Need:
- Helmets are required!
- Bring a re-usable water bottle. Water & Gatorade will be available at all rest stops and at the ride start/end, but you will need to provide your own water bottle.
- Make sure your bike is in good mechanical condition. Bike mechanics will be on site offering free safety checks before the ride.
- Dress for the weather! This is a rain or shine event.
- Be aware that most of the ride is on a crushed stone trail.
Ride for the River features a 4-mile Fun Ride, great for children and beginners! The 4-mile Family Fun Ride takes place on a completely paved section of the trail. Both the 16- and 35-mile options take place primarily along the flat, crushed stone Schuylkill River Trail.
- 35-mile Ride: Round-trip ride beginning at 9 a.m. from Riverfront Park in Pottstown to Reading along the Schuylkill River Trail (some on-road sections).
- 15-mile Ride: Round-trip ride beginning at 9:30 a.m. from Riverfront Park in Pottstown to Union Township Recreation Area along the Schuylkill River Trail (some road crossings).
- 4-mile Fun Ride: Round-trip ride beginning at 10 a.m. from Riverfront Park in Pottstown to Old Reading Pike along the Schuylkill River Trail (no on-road sections or crossings). Children 12 and under ride for free.
All registrants receive:
Reserved parking at Sly Fox for the Can Jam Music Festival
Beer/Beverage & Food Voucher Bundle to use at the Can Jam Music Festival
Additional vouchers will need to be purchased for children registering for free
Water and snacks at rest stops
Well-marked route with ride support
Commemorative T-shirts available for purchase