Artwork Depicts Scenes of the Schuylkill
Scenes of the Schuylkill is an annual juried art show and sale that celebrates the beauty of the Schuylkill River region through art. It’s hosted by the Schuylkill River Greenways NHA every fall, in partnership with Montgomery County Community College.
The 15th Annual Scenes of the Schuylkill will take place until Dec. 14. It’s FREE and open to the public. The exhibit is at Montgomery County Community College West Campus North Hall Gallery in Pottstown. The address is 16 W. High Street.
Gallery Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. The gallery is also open Saturdays from 10 – 2 p.m. (Closed Thanksgiving Weekend)
The 15th Annual Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show features 96 original works. Artists submitted artwork or photography on paper or canvas of a scene within the Schuylkill River region. The juror was Ross L. Mitchell, Former Executive Director of the Violette de Mazia Foundation. Mitchell juried a total of 135 submissions and selected the 96 pieces featured in the show.
- November 14: Artist Reception, invitation only
- December 14: Show closes
- December 17: Artists pick up work
- Best in Show: Saw Mill, oil on linen, by James Green
- 2nd Place: Verdi, watercolor, by Michael Adams
- 3rd Place: View from Train, acrylic on canvas, by Jean Plough
- Staff Choice: Scott’s Run, oil, by Steven J. White
- Honorable Mention (photography): Flights in Black & White, photography by Samantha Story
- Honorable Mention (photography): Olde Stone, photography by Lisa Foster
- Honorable Mention (painting): Rollin’ on the River, pastel, painting by Barbara Brown
- Honorable Mention (painting): Wissahickon Tree Trunk, oil on board, painting by Betz Green
Artwork Available for Purchase
Most artwork in the exhibit is available for purchase. If you are interested in buying a piece of art, or would like additional information, please call Schuylkill River Greenways at 484-945-0200. Twenty percent of the purchase price of each piece benefits Schuylkill River Greenways and is tax deductible.
Special Thanks to our 2018 Sponsors
- Roger Perry Memorial Fund of The Philadelphia Foundation
- Sager & Sager Associates
- North Penn Art
- Montgomery County Community College
- Dolan Law Group
- Hobart’s Run
The Scenes of the Schuylkill Art Show is also made possible through funding from the National Park Service.
This event was financed in part by a grant from the Community Conservation Partnerships Program, the Environmental Stewardship Fund, under the administration of the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, Bureau of Recreation and Conservation.