About Scenes of the Schuylkill
Scenes of the Schuylkill, hosted by the Schuylkill River Greenways NHA, is an annual juried art show and sale that celebrates the beauty of the Schuylkill River Region through art.
The 18th Annual Art Show Exhibit will return to Montgomery County Community College’s North Hall on the Pottstown Campus opening to the public from November 7th-27th, 2022. An invitation only reception will be held November 10th, in conjunction with our event, Serving the Schuylkill that recognizes our biggest supporters throughout the year.
“When people become connected and they have a relationship with the river because they bike there, they fish there, they paint there and do art there; then they fall in love with the river and become ambassadors of the river,”- Elaine Schaefer-SRG Executive Director
Artists should download and complete form and return with artwork. Please read submission guidelines thoroughly.
October 24 Deliver Artwork, 12pm– 5 p.m. at Montgomery County Community College, West Campus Art Gallery
North Hall, 16 W. High Street, Pottstown
October 25* Deliver Artwork, Same location. *Time for drop off is TBD.
October 31 – Nov. 4 Artwork will be juried.
November 1 – 2 Artists will be notified by phone if work NOT accepted.
November 3 – 4 Pick-up unaccepted work between hours of 1 to 5 pm at MCCC, West Campus Art Gallery
November 7 Show opens to the Public. Gallery Hours: Monday – Friday 9 am-5 pm and Saturday 1 pm-5 pm.
November 10th Serving the Schuylkill Fundraiser, 6-8 pm, Invitation only.
November 27th Show ends.
November 29-30 Pick Up Artwork, 12–5 p.m. at MCCC, West Campus Art Gallery
Winners received cash prizes from The Schuylkill River Greenways National Heritage Area.
- Best of Show Winner: $500 cash
- 2nd Place Prize: $300 cash
- 3rd Place Prize: $100 cash
- Staff Choice: $100 cash
- Two Honorable Mentions for Paintings: $50 each
- Two Honorable Mentions for Photography: $50 each
- Best in Show: The Papermill of Papermill Road, oil, by Russell Slocum
- 2nd Place: Sitting Ducks, pastel, by Barbara Brown
- 3rd Place: Ebbing Mists - Kempton Valley, inkjet photography, by Kevin Bennett
- Staff Choice: Solitude, oil, by Karen Powell
- Honorable Mention (photography): Gnarly, photography, by Walt Hug
- Honorable Mention (photography): Tundradelphia, digital photography on aluminum, by Will Thompson
- Honorable Mention (painting): Put the Yak in the River and Go, egg tempera, by Jon Bond
- Honorable Mention (painting): Favorite Spot, oil, by Maura Matthews
About the Heritage Area
The Schuylkill River Greenways National Heritage Area encompasses the Schuylkill River watershed within Schuylkill, Berks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties (a watershed is the region draining into a river, river system, or other body of water). This includes over 1.2 million acres (1,750 square miles) and is home to 3.2 million people. Scenes of the Schuylkill River Heritage Area shines a spotlight on the unique qualities of the region through the talents of the arts community. For a map of the Heritage Area, click the button below.View Heritage Area Map