This Position Has Been Filled
Job Opportunity: Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Schuylkill River Greenways is seeking to fill the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant position. This position includes day-to-day office management as well as administrative duties and event support.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume via e-mail with the subject line “Office Manager Administrative Assistant Position” to:
Elaine Schaefer, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must be received by 4 PM on Friday, February 8, 2019.
Please read below for additional information about Schuylkill River Greenways and more about the position.
Encompassing 1.2 million acres over 1,700 square miles, Schuylkill River Greenways NHA links 3.2 million people across five Pennsylvania counties – Schuylkill, Berks, Chester, Montgomery and Philadelphia – to the unparalleled opportunities afforded by the Schuylkill River, the Schuylkill River Trail and the surrounding watershed.
The mission of SRG is to connect residents, visitors and communities to the Schuylkill River and the Schuylkill River Trail by serving as a catalyst for civic engagement and economic development in order to foster stewardship of the watershed and its heritage.
The mission is realized by leveraging the River and the award-winning Schuylkill River Trail – both the land and the water trails – as platforms for revitalization of surrounding communities, for stewardship of natural resources, for improved public health through recreation, and for greater appreciation of the region’s cultural heritage. The Schuylkill River Trail is SRG’s signature project – today, there are about 75 completed miles of the planned 120-mile land trail working to connect Frackville to Philadelphia. The Trail also provides connection for the five National Park sites within the Heritage Area.
SRG works with over 140 different formal and informal partners to achieve its vision of the Schuylkill River watershed as a thriving and economically revitalized region, whose residents and visitors understand, value and are fully committed to the stewardship of the river and its heritage. SRG has recently completed a ten year strategic plan, which provides an aspirational and achievable roadmap with a detailed action plan for the next three years and overarching goals for the next decade.
Founded in 1974 as the Schuylkill River Greenway Association, the organization focused on the preservation of the riverfront in Berks and Schuylkill Counties. SRG has grown in its mission and geographic scope over the years and today is a non-profit organization guided by a Board of Directors and supported by a staff of nine. SRG is supported in executing its work through federal (NPS) and state (DCNR) budget appropriations and also through grants and donations from foundations, corporations and individuals committed to advancing SRG’s mission.
The economic benefits derived by the region from SRG’s work are real and significant. The findings of a recent comprehensive economic impact study conducted by Tripp Umbach were impressive: the natural and historical features of SRG generate $589.9 million in economic impact, support over 6,000 jobs, and generate $37.7 million in tax revenue.
CLICK HERE to learn more about SRG, its programs, leadership and history.
About the Position:
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant handles the multiple tasks of day-to-day office management. Tasks include answering the phone, word processing and other computer skills, processing mail, serving as receptionist, and other general office duties. This position is also responsible for taking and preparing all board minutes and prepare all board and committee and organization correspondence at the direction of the Executive Director. In addition, the position involves event planning and project management and assistance with several annual large scale events.
In addition to clerical and office management responsibilities, the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant is responsible for preparing and sending large mailings for membership drives, events, projects, programs and for keeping membership data current. The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant shall assist the Executive Director with correspondence, the completion of reports and other related work and assist other members of the staff as needed or at the direction of the Executive Director.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Executive Director.
SRG is seeking to fill this position with a professional with a minimum of three years of related experience. Salary is approximately $40,000 plus benefits.
The successful applicant will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel required
- Experience with Donor Perfect and/or Blackbaud software preferred
- Experience in the non-profit field preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving skills, exemplary attention to detail, multitasking and time management skills are most critical
- Must be able to work independently, but also be comfortable with collaborative working relationships, relating well with people and partners at all levels and from all communities
- Must be able to attend occasional evening or weekend events
- Position requires occasional work outdoors
The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant will be expected to work from SRG’s offices in Pottstown, PA.
Following is a more detailed listing of the duties and responsibilities of this position:
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage copier and printers
- Manage postage machine
- Manage water service & coffee
- Contract for and manage office cleaning, waste management and fire and security systems
- Order any office supplies including letterhead, envelopes, return envelopes, address labels (for printer)
- Arrange meetings, keep company calendar updated
- Keep card racks supplied
- SRG Store – keep stocked, sell merchandise, oversee PayPal transactions
- Make coffee daily, clean coffee pots, load and unload dishwasher, clean out refrigerator at end of week
- Assist Executive Director in preparing and sending membership mailing (3 times yearly, keep updated on spreadsheets & Donor Perfect, send acknowledgements)
- Manage reciprocal memberships with partners (yearly)
- Manage/oversee donor database and software system
- Track Pay Pal Transactions and check daily for new memberships
- Update municipal contacts for yearly ask and prepare and send annual ask
- Manage and keep updated all State & Federal Legislative contacts
- Arrange for AHNA Annual Meeting in Washington — arrange meetings with legislators
- Prepare and send request for County appropriations (yearly)
- Distribute Board of Directors’ packet once a month and take minutes at meeting
- Arrange meetings, keep company calendar updated
- Process all administrative related invoices
- Answer e-mails daily
- Open mail, distribute (stamp for payment w/correct item code & project if appropriate)
- Keep conference call info
- Project management (with support) for Schuylkill River Sojourn
- Project Management for annual Scenes of the Schuylkill art show
- Organizational support for annual Ride for the River
- Organizational support for Annual Fundraiser
- Organizational support for Pedal & Paddle — arrange food & keep participant spreadsheet
- Maintain Trail Volunteer roster and send out Trail Workday announcements – send emails, letters & notify newspapers of upcoming workdays
- Volunteer Dinner (help with food & set up)
- Coordinate caterer relationship and other food arrangements for miscellaneous events and meetings as needed