Support the Schuylkill River Heritage Area
Your membership donation supports the Schuylkill River Trail, the Schuylkill River Sojourn and the many other projects and programs that benefit the entire Schuylkill River region.
Prefer to pay by check? Click Here to download a copy of our Membership Brochure.
You can also give to our Endowment Fund to ensure that the important work we do continues into the future. Learn more about our Endowment Fund.
Thank you to everyone who joined or renewed their 2017 memberships during December and January. Your donations make it possible for us to continue our work building the Schuylkill River Trail, cleaning the Schuylkill River and so much more that makes this region a better place to live, work and play.
Congratulations to Thomas Hoffman and Dodson Dietrich! They were randomly selected from all who gave or renewed at the $200 level by January 31 to win a private, guided paddle on the Schuylkill with Take it Outdoors Adventures!
- Donor...........................$200 to $499
- Patron..........................$500 to $999
- Riverkeeper................. $1,000 and up
- Business/Corporate.....$500 & up
Please note: All donations of $25 or above are automatically entered as membership donations or renewals. If you would prefer to donate without becoming a member, please let us know by calling 484-945-0200, or email email@example.com.
All members receive regular newsletters, invitations to our annual meeting and other Heritage Area events held throughout the year, and a 10% discount on Heritage Area merchandise. Memberships of $50 and up receive 10% discount on Schuylkill River Sojourn.
Your Donation Helps Us:
- Build & Maintain the Schuylkill River Trail: Did you know that the Schuylkill River Heritage Area is directly responsible for building the trail in Berks and Schuylkill Counties? We operate and maintain 30 trail miles without benefit of federal, state or local tax dollars.
- Organize the Schuylkill River Sojourn: For 18 years, we have promoted recreational use of the river through this 112-mile, weeklong event. Over 3,500 registrants from 25 states and four countries have participated.
- Promote Tourism and River History: Our River of Revolutions Interpretive Center tells the history of the Schuylkill River region and highlights recreational opportunities and visitor sites.
- Improve the Trail: We have worked with our partners to make the entire trail more accessible by creating a full-color trail map, a uniform sign system and improved trailheads.
- Manage the Schuylkill River Water Trail: Water Trail maps, signs and landings make the river more accessible and safer for recreational boaters.
- Encourage Recreation: Bike Schuylkill and Bike Pottstown, our free bike share, is now available in Pottstown, Phoenixville and Hamburg.
- Clean the River: The Heritage Area oversees the Schuylkill River Restoration Fund, which has supplied more than $2.7 million since 2006 to 82 projects that improve water quality in the river, a source of drinking water for over 1.5 million people.
- Engage Youth in Environmental Awareness: Our Schuylkill Explorers Program introduces students to the Schuylkill River Trail and watershed conservation activities.