We need your help to revive a section of the trail in Reading. Volunteer! Donate! Join Us! Click Here to Learn More
The Schuylkill River Greenways map is divided by Trailheads, Trail Towns and Places to Visit.
The Spring-Ford Area Historical Society Museum complex houses local industrial and commercial displays. It includes a historic 1861 house with seven rooms of domestic exhibits and a research library.
The Spring-Ford Area Historical Society’s purpose is to promote and develop information of historical value for the people of the Spring-Ford area.
In 1999 the William Lewin Plantation House property was offered for sale to the Spring Ford Area Historical Society through the efforts of Robert Weikel, a great grandson of William Lewin. A grant from the Bard Foundation, and local support, made the purchase possible. The settlement on the property at 526 Main Street in Royersford was completed on January 24th, 2000 and the SFAHS had a new home. After much work and a complete renovation of the barn, which houses many of our industrial displays, the new museum was opened on May 5th, 2001.