The Schuylkill River Greenways map is divided by Trailheads, Trail Towns and Places to Visit.
Auburn used to be known as “Scotchman’s Lock.” The first residence in the area was built in the 1830s by a man named Samuel K. Moyer. A station for the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad was established in 1842 which was also when the name of the area was changed to Auburn. The Auburn Trailhead includes parking, a water trail landing and nearby restrooms. A section of the Schuylkill River Trail from Hamburg to Auburn has gorgeous views from the mountain ridge, an intersection with the Appalachian Trail, and great views of the river.