The Schuylkill River Greenways map is divided by Trailheads, Trail Towns and Places to Visit.
Reading was founded in 1748 by Thomas & Richard Penn, sons of William Penn who named it after his own county seat in England. In the mid-1800s Reading housed the main production and repair shops for the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad on a massive 36-acre complex that comprised much of the city’s downtown. The Schuylkill River Trail can be accessed from several points, including the Brentwood Trailhead on Route 10, or along the riverfront, located a short distance from downtown restaurants and the Goggleworks Center for the Arts. For more info: https://www.visitpaamericana.com/