Vote for the Schuylkill River Trail in the 2021 Readers’ Choice Award for Best Riverwalk. People can vote once a day until the contest ends Feb. 15 at noon. CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW!
The Schuylkill River Greenways map is divided by Trailheads, Trail Towns and Places to Visit.
The Leesport Lock House, built in 1834 by the Schuylkill Navigation Company, was an integral part of canal development and community and rural life from 1820 to the early 1900’s. Through local research and an archaeological study, the stone house has been restored to its condition in the 1880-1910 period when the canal still functioned and horse and wagon served as the major form of transportation.
The Lock House is part of the Berks Heritage Council.